Sunday 19 October 2008

The Beauty Of Bradford


There’s beauty in this City where I live.
Not just in buildings made with large and heavy Yorkshire stone
Or in the many flower beds that abound,
with different types of flowers scattered round
Or softly swaying trees alone.
Their shelter to the many birds that give.
Yes

There's beauty in this City where I live.

Such beauty there to see has always been.

Aware of it I remember even as a lad,

Though opportunity to tell I seldom had.

A beauty so unique but easy to be seen,

So in writing account of it I try to give.

Yes

There's beauty in this City where I live.

A multi cultural beauty so fresh and clean.

With childlike innocence and wisdom that age greets.

the laughter ringing through the City streets.

And of course there has always been,

The young and old their part to give.

Yes

There's beauty in this City where I live.

A beauty that shines in each and every face,

At sometime there uncovered for all to see,

There if only it's allowed to be,

The beauty of the human race.

And to Bradford it's character does give.

Yes

There's beauty in this City where I live.

A beauty there that Love alone bestows.

Even as you take the time to read what here is written.

And slowly with the realisation smitten.

And as on you this realisation grows

A share of it to others you must give.

No comments: